Mental Dental Process

I'm happy to finally be sharing this!
I've been trying different ways to branch out but still do what I do but with a new twist. Super vague, I know.

During my last semester of college, I experimented with making patterns and I especially enjoyed making this teeth pattern. Since I love Spoonflower so much, I got the pattern printed through them. I thought about what I can use it for and browsed through shirts that I had.

I found a small batch of plain grey shirts, which I thought would work color-wise. Everything matches with grey.
I bounced a lot of ideas in my head on how to incorporate the two. I was just afraid to overdo it. I eventually settled on splitting the front of the shirts in half and replace the cut piece with the printed fabric. I basically took a chance and winged it.

I took that cut front piece, traced it over the printed fabric, pinned it to the shirt, and sewed it. Attached it on three sides, and fixed the hemming. Didn't take too long to figure out if it would work or not, and it worked well!

Even though half the shirt had a fun printed pattern, it still felt empty. I decided on adding a cute little pocket to them all. It feels complete.

I only made six - two v-necks and four crew necks. I finally added them to my Storenvy shop. So they're currently available for sale. I would love to make more but will figure that out if there's demand.

So there you go. Fun stuff, and I'm happy to have finally finish and post them up.

Leave a Reply