Color Block // Black Magic, White Spells, High Illusion

If you wanna get technical, black is the absence of color and white is all the colors. But looking at 'color' blocks, these items drew me in because they work real well together. The stark contrast is cool.

Once again, covering fashion, accessories, and literature.
A few months back I bought David Byrne's How Music Works. It's next up on my reading list after I finish my current book. I love David Byrne and his awkward quirky work, so I'm real excited to read it soon.
Before moving I decided I wanted to buy a new iPhone case, as I was on a kick with new. Something as trivial as a new phone case can really give a fresh feeling. I bought it from Gypsy Warrior.
As for accessories, I created the black and white chevron bead bracelet for myself a few years ago. Being that I don't wear many bracelets/wristbands anymore, I put it up for sale in my Etsy shop.

My last week at my old job, I made up a shirt for myself with a pattern I made. I used a plain black shirt and cut everything out in white vinyl. Took quite a bit of time being that it was an all over pattern, but the end result came out real cool. It's sparking new ideas for future projects.

Back in September I also treated myself to a new pair of Vans. I'm all about finally having a plain black pair of sneakers, although they haven't been the best in the rain (not only because they're canvas) because they tend to squeak real bad. I've been told that goes away eventually.

So that's this color block for black and white. The shirt also made an appearance on Halloween, so some of these items are somewhat magical/witchy.

Leave a Reply