Trip To The Dentist

My wallpaper class had two projects. The first was based on historical eras of wallpaper, and the second was contemporary.
I went through a weird teeth phase toward the end of the semester. With school finishing up, that meant my dental ain't covered anymore. And I really want braces. I never needed braces growing up but lately I've been obsessing over the wanting to do some straightening/housekeeping. Couldn't get them but I hope to eventually. I basically was focusing on things that weren't important.

So my head being all over teeth fixings, I made my contemporary pattern about teeth and dentist related drawings.

I did some sketches in my sketchbook and scanned them into Photoshop. I drew outlines and kept it really simple with only five colors.
I made a few color variations. I like the lighter ground than the darker, but they're all playful.

Here's an action shot of me presenting the project in class - one of my last presentations in school ever. Photo courtesy of my friend Katherine.

Leave a Reply