Crafted // Jersey Tanks

The same coworker whom I did the simple t-shirt sleeve alteration for wanted to put my sewing skills to test by asking me to make two tank tops with his logo for him. He provided the fabric and the tank top for me to imitate.
One was a white jersey mesh and the second was a stretchy black cotton.

Sewing up the jerseys were a little tough, but once I got a good flow, I made it work out. The tough part was cutting & sewing the logo.

For the white jersey tank, he asked me to cut out a coral 'N' (for his brand Nativ Label). I brought the 'N' into Photoshop, sized it to what he wanted, printed it 100%, cut it out, and pinned it to the fabric to trace and cut.

After sewing it on, I had to repeat the whole process for a black tank top with a creamy-ish colored 'N'. The black cotton was easier to work with than the jersey mesh.

I got a two thumbs up. He has more projects in mind, so we'll see where that goes!

Leave a Reply