Flashback Friday // 018

My semester/college life is officially done. As happy as I am to finally move on, it saddens me to think about what are now memories and how my life will change. It's crazy how fast you become an adult! I figured to put myself in a happy place right now, I'll post about my Portland trip, finally!

A group of my friends wanted to go away for our last spring break ever. I've spoken so much of Portland that they decided they wanted to not take the typical Cancun vacation. We purchased our flight and found a wonderful spot to stay via Airbnb.

We explored the city - downtown, so many shops (especially vintage), so many parks, so many delicious restaurants and food carts, and so much more.

I can't even tell you how much walking and hiking was a part of this trip. Every day we went on hikes. I love that there are so many fantastic parks within the city, it makes New York seem like a concrete wasteland.
We also got really lucky with the weather. The pacific northwest is known for being just a wee bit rainy. The eight days we were there it must have only rained twice. That really allowed these hikes to happen!


(Gotta throw out credit to my friend Katherine for this photo.)

Towards the end of the trip, we rented a car to explore some areas outside the city. We took a trip near Mt. Hood, discovered a trail with so many waterfalls, and visited a sea lion cave in Florence. The Oregon coast is amazing.
Every day outdid the day before; our trip just got better and better. Our last day we received the best life lessons from a man named Mo on Hawthorne, a perfect way to end our trip.

I mentioned in a previous post about my film camera troubles, I went and bought so many disposable cameras. I really love the idea of capturing images the old school way through film and printed photos - the anticipation to see the end result after getting them printed. I ended up not taking many photos on my phone.
My plan is to get the rest of my photos developed and make more little photo albums/scrapbooks which I plan on doing real soon! I'll post about that when the time comes!

Leave a Reply