Simple Sleeve Alteration

Do you get bored with plain ole' t-shirts? Story of my life. To spice up my wardrobe, the first place I go to are my sleeves. Most of my shirts have designs on the front or back leaving my sleeves to be the only option to be changed. But who doesn't like fun sleeves anyway?

My coworker printed this shirt at work for me using his design. I brought it home with the intention of changing the sleeves. All white t-shirts are usually not my favorite.

I found the fabric I wanted to use. I took off the sleeves with my seam ripper, laid the sleeves down, pinned them to the fabric, and basically cut along the edges to make them exactly the same.

I pinned the patterned fabric to the shirt to replace the old sleeves and sewed it together.

Afterwards I flipped the exposed edges over and sewed it so the sleeves won't fray.

Viola. A super simple idea to fix up simple plain t-shirts. I love working with patterned fabric to make my wardrobe fun. You should too!

Leave a Reply