Vintage Wooden Storage Fix Up

I bought this little storage container at TJ Maxx about a month before I moved. I love the vintage look to it, and the drawers are a perfect size to fit the little stuff I own that needs good organizing.
My brother always dug it in my head that wooden furniture and things of the sort that are wooden shouldn't be painted. You should keep the wood the way it is, and as much as I disagree (I was ready to smother it in decoupage and magazine clippings to decorate it), I felt this little guy needed to have the wood the way it was. But I wanted to do something to it.

There was no time for me to work on it before leaving, so I saved the project for after the move.
I let the idea stew in my head and I settled on keeping it simple by doing a repeat of 'be nice' with a screen I made using my ghetto screen print method.

I zigzagged where I painted since I didn't want to put my screen over wet areas. I did the same going down the sides, and left it to dry.
After the paint dried, I went back to the empty spots and painted those bits to finish it up. Top and sides.

After round two, I left it to dry.

I have a nice little corner of the room in which I rest it on. I brought my Psych bobble head dolls and a jar my friend made for me for Christmas. I put fake flowers in it to liven up the area a bit. I think it fits nicely, and the design is not overwhelming.

Leave a Reply