Settling In

I've finally found a good time to sit, reflect, and post. The past few days have been wild. From all the shopping, to building, to unpacking; I'm exhausted. I was lucky to have my mom and brother fly out with me to help out. It made adjusting a little easier having familiar faces here to help. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the majority of my things to arrive. That's the downside of not being in control of moving your own boxes out. But a road trip from one coast to the other was a little out of question.

I'm not gonna lie. I know I've been out here less than a week so far, but I miss my home, family, friends, my room. Even when it looked like a crazy cluttered mess like the photo above. It was my space. My things. I'm happy to finally move out of my parent's home, but it's going to be a crazy period of adjusting. I'm no longer in my comfort zone.

There's still quite a bit of physical things I left behind, especially a lot of personal projects. In freshman year of high school, we had to sculpt a mask of some sorts. I was in love with The Crow movie, so I based it after that. I also went through this weird phase with The Birthday Massacre band, and imitated and created bunny ears that the singer wore in one of the music videos. I mounted them on my wall after I redid my room three years ago.

Half of my room is raspberry colored, the other half super light blue-gray. I hung up my art and other goods on the wall next to my bed. I love how simplistic it looks on the super light wall. These are my interests and I was happy to create and organize a fun wall of things that represent my interests pretty well.

I also had this mirror for the longest time. Probably ever since I moved into my very own bedroom back when I was twelve. Before, it used to be white with blue and green squares. It was pretty boring. I went through a huge decoupage phase during that time and I completely smothered it in paper scraps and gold paint.

I had to take a picture of my room all cleared out. I didn't transport any furniture which is why my room still looks pretty filled up, even though I did pack a hella amount of things with me. This to me actually looks pretty damn empty which is crazy.

These were all parts of my room that I loved. For three years I've been planning this move, but during those three years is when a lot of new interests developed and I really made my room super cozy, and yes, super cluttered. But it was still my space, and I'm hoping to adjust real soon to carry that comfortable and settled in feeling here.

My brother posted this panorama progression on Instagram, which I stole from him. As I said, I'm still waiting for most of my possessions to find their way round here, but this is a sneak peak before I officially move myself in and organize.

Leave a Reply