20 Not So Questions

One week left. That's where I'm at.
I've been making my rounds, seeing all the friends and family I can see. I basically keep hearing the same thing from them all. Yea, it's repetitive, but I really don't mind hearing it. Glad to know we're all on the same page.
Yes, I'm following my dreams. Yes, it's better to know I did it than to have that lingering "what if". Yes, I do have a home to come back to if it doesn't work out.

What I keep thinking about is how will this change me? Will I change for better or worse? Throwing yourself into a new environment completely alone can do wonders on a person, whether it be good or bad. I'm just afraid I may take a turn for the worse, OR things may be absolutely wonderful. Who knows.
I guess I just wanted to make a random list of things about myself for myself that I can refer to. Is it silly to be thinking that way? I don't want to sound dramatic, but I guess I just want reminders even if this list is a bit on the trivial side.

                  (Photo courtesy of USPS. Passport renewal is currently in progress.)

01. I love Bill Murray.
02. I’ve been hand sewing since I was 12. I just got a sewing machine and learned how to use it less than a year ago. Can’t tell you how much more easy life has gotten.
03. I love knee high socks. I also have a large collection of fun socks. Solid colored socks don’t really do it for me.
04. I love everything red velvet and cotton candy.
05. I have a weird obsession with Fabio.
06. I wish I could be platinum blonde. Even if it was just for a day.
07. I so very much connect with Radiohead’s ‘Let Down’.
08. Stella Doro’s 'angel wings' are my favorite cookies ever, and I’m so disappointed that they have been discontinued.
09. I’m very materialistic. I'm not afraid to admit it.
10. I can’t seem to grow out my bangs. I always end up cutting them short. They have taken over my life, and my face.
11. I’ve been dyeing my hair since I was eleven.
12. Shoegaze is my favorite music genre. The more noise, the better.
13. I hate the beach, but I have a thing for aquatic life.
14. I own blue lipstick; I wish it could be an everyday lipstick but I don't think it can even be an occasional color. It’s hard to walk outside and feel comfortable when people are staring. I get super self conscious.
15. I picked up the guitar when I was twelve. I know how to play decent but I feel like I haven't progressed since school and ‘adulthood’ has kept me fully occupied.
16. I find it hard to connect with people in general. I feel like that played a role in why I didn’t have many friends growing up, which is why I became so damn artsy. Needed something to fill my time.
17. Gwen Stefani was and still is my idol. She’s perfect.
18. Never really liked school. I have a case of selective memory. History was especially tough for me because I didn't care enough.
19. I despised the color pink up until a year ago. I guess I was afraid it would make me too feminine, but I have grown to really love the color.
20. I have way too much patience.

Another fact to throw in: Third Eye Blind's first album was my first rock CD way back when it came out. They will forever hold a special place in my heart, and I know I will most likely put them on repeat when I move out. It brings me to a comfortable place.
This song is my fave fave fave. Cue in the sobfest.

Leave a Reply