Sunday Summary // 008

Been pretty absent this week from blog-world. Been a busy bee!
Since break has been officially over for a week now, reality hit me again and I've been really occupied finishing up assignments.

Here are the pleasant parts of my week though.

01. On Monday, Serina and I took a trip downtown to check out the vintage frames store Fabulous Fanny's. We ended up getting there an hour before they opened, so we wandered around trying to pass time. She stopped to get coffee in this cute little coffee shop.
02. She took all of five minutes to find the perfect frames she wanted. I, on the other hand, took much longer. My intent was to find cat-eye frames that I really, really, really like and would have no later regrets buying. After lots of contemplating and convincing that these frames are perfect for me, I finally bought them. I'm officially a cool-cat! (hardy-har-har).
03. For my personality psychology class, we are to write a book review on a self-help book, of course chosen from a list given to us. Borrowed this from the library. I'm actually really looking forward to reading this. It seemed the most interesting from the list of books, so I guess we'll see!
04. Oh yeah, today is Easter! Well, Easter for the Christian Orthodox religion (Happy Easter to all y'all Christian Orthos!) I tried my super hardest to finish as much of my assignments to bake cookies yesterday. Classic Spritz Cookies made with a cookie press. These cookies can be frustrating sometimes because they don't always work well with the press. Unfortunately, yesterday was one of those days it didn't want to work well, but I tried my best to make it work. Either way, they taste delicious.

I came to a realization today. Have you ever had art projects you worked on where you had a specific image and idea in mind that you wanted to draw out, but your final product did not come out the way you wanted, and you were a little disappointed? Story of my life.
I realized this is the semester where that changed. Two recent projects I've done, one being the "seeing is believing" project, they came out the way I imagined it. Pretty much almost identical, which is amazing. Maybe I'm taking baby steps into illustration-land, where everything is magical and art comes out the way you want it to and everything is bright and happy...
Well, anyway, I'll hopefully find time to post about my other perfect project tomorrow.

It's been a pretty long Easter-y day. Time to call it a day. A happy day!

Leave a Reply