Sunday Summary // 010

Another week gone. Can't believe April is pretty much over.
Few more weeks left of classes for the semester! You don't even know how excited I am.

01. This week wasn't so eventful. I stayed in working on assignments and such. The exciting part of the week started on Friday. Joined my parents and their friends for dinner. We went to a Mexican restaurant where we drank loads of sangria and ate delicious food.
02. Now that the Aesop fable assignment is done and over with for my general illustration class, we were assigned to do a "memorial poster for the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic". Quite a lengthy one sentence description, but it was made very clear that we had to stick to that for the assignment. These are my sketches for my idea.
03. The most exciting bit of this weekend was yesterday's event. RAMMSTEIN! I have been a fan of this band since middle school, and even though I don't listen to them much anymore, I HAD to see them. I wasn't able to attend their first U.S. show in 10 years, which was at Madison Square Garden in 2010 (I found out about the show the day after it went on sale, and from what I remember, the show sold out in under 30 minutes). I was bummed, but anxiously waited till they toured again, and lucky for me, they played a venue that is twenty minutes from my house. My brother came to the show with me and we had a blast.
04. Bought a shirt from bootleggers outside the venue. (We didn't have enough cash with us to buy official merchandise, but we were able to afford this!) So, why not?

Our seats were literally all the way in the back. Most photos I took didn't come out so great. I figured they wouldn't.
If you know how Rammstein works, you know they're all about their pyrotechnics. If you know me, you know I will avoid all shows with pyro; fire scares me. I made an exception for Rammstein, which kinda sucks because they have the most intense pyro-filled show out of any band I know. That being said, I didn't mind our seats being all the way in the back. The further away from the fire I was, the happier I'd be. But no matter how far back we were, we still felt the heat. I grabbed onto my brother whenever fire burst out. I've never felt a mix of excitement and panic at the same time as I did at the show.
Rammstein was insane, and my brother and I loved every minute of it. I'd surely see them again.

Leave a Reply