Crafted // Burgundy Jeep

I was browsing through photos on my computer and found this that I never shared.

Finding the perfect present for my older brother, John, for his birthday, Christmas, or any other holiday is impossible. He doesn't like "collecting useless things", being clothes, books, tools, etc. His mindset the past few years revolved around "the essentials". What do you get someone like this?

Well, I didn't care what he'd say. I like making gifts for family and friends, even him.
For Christmas, I was stumped what to do. It dawned on me to do something Jeep related. He owns a Jeep, and he loves everything about Jeeps.

T-shirts are always an easy way to go, at least for me. I love decorating them. I thought to do a Jeep silhouette, but I wanted to make it more involved. I took a trip to A.C. Moore to see what my option were. I bought a black t-shirt, burgundy felt, and black felt. I thought that was a good start. Went through my fabric scrap draws to find a little more - found white mesh and silver fabric. I was set!
I drew out a simple Jeep as a template that I could follow. Cut the fabric out and sewed it on. It wasn't as complicated as I thought it'd be.
It's so silly, and my brother thought so too. He laughed when he opened his gift, and seeing him smile was enough for me.

Obscure 90s music time! Moonpools & Caterpillars. This song is so fun.

Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday!

Leave a Reply