Adventure Time // Brooklyn, NY

Yesterday, my friend Gabby and I had two awesome things in mind we wanted to accomplish in the city: a visit to David Lynch's gallery exhibition in the Upper East Side, and to attend Eric Erlandson (ex-HOLE) and Mark Yarm's book signing in Brooklyn.

Turns out things didn't work in our favor, so we came up with a plan B.
We had to skip the exhibition. So we planned to walk downtown, walk the Brooklyn Bridge, and walk to the book signing. Before we knew it, was 6:30 and we had half an hour to get to Brooklyn - we weren't even close to the bridge. We hopped on the train and hoped for the best.

We stepped into the book store EXACTLY at 7pm, so we were technically on time.
The event started with a conversation between the authors. It was interesting hearing Eric's side of the grunge scene, stories about Kurtney (a.k.a. Kurt & Courtney), and his Buddhist ideas and how it got him through everything that he was surrounded by.
I'm definitely looking forward to reading both of their books. (I skimmed through both books on the train ride home.)

Getting home after that was quite an adventure in itself. Honestly one of the most aggravating things is traveling through Brooklyn to Queens and vice versa. But I won't get into that.

Even though our original plan didn't fully happen, I'm happy we brought myself to attend this. I really enjoy book signings and definitely want to attend more in the future. I'd say the day was a win anyway.

Here's one of my favorite HOLE songs.

Leave a Reply