Flashback Friday // 005

I'm so happy it's Friday. I've been waiting for this day to come - this week felt like it really dragged on. I think having family visiting can drag everything out. My dad's cousin from Greece has been visiting, but he will be leaving tomorrow. He stayed with us for two weeks; he was getting a feel for what it's like living in New York. He's looking into getting some kind of visa and moving in with us. So far the immigration process is keeping him from moving any time soon, but everyone's doing everything they can to get him to move to the U.S., legally that is!
It was nice having him around, but I really can't wait 'till things go back to normal. Makes me wonder what life would be like if he permanently moved in with us. I think I may go nuts. It'd be so cramped here - no privacy!

Anyway, I guess I'll share a little flashback.
A bunch of years ago, don't remember how long ago it was, my dad's birthday was rolling around and I didn't know what to get him/make him. Around that time, my friends and I weekly went to our usual paint-your-own-pottery place, and while I was there, I came up with a nice little idea for him. I've always painted their pottery, but I've never anything mosaic there. They had different shaped picture frames, so I decided to make him a cute little mosaic frame. I went with a circular one and picked out random colors. I ended up doing a sun frame.
After I finished it and it was in my possession, the question was what photo to put in the frame. I went through my photo album and found this cute photo of brothers and me when we were super young. I think I may have been around 3-4 in this photo.
He loved it. It currently sits in my parent's room.

I found out that Young Prisms will be releasing a new album soon. (I've been a bit out of the loop.) I'm pretty excited. Their new stuff really is sounding like My Bloody Valentine. No complaints there!

Leave a Reply