Adventure Time // Downtown NY

In between classes today, some classmates and I had intentions of buying concert tickets - the trip downtown turned into a pleasant adventure.
For weeks now, we've been talking about seeing The Joy Formidable at the end of March at Terminal 5, and planned on buying tickets asap. Weeks passed, no tickets. The one day we actually made an attempt to buy tickets at the venue's box office, we found out that you can't buy tickets there. Ridonkulous. So we pushed it off some more.
FINALLY we bought them today.

Our first stop was at Mercury Lounge's box office. Bought the tickets, then wandered around and found a nice little Greek restaurant to eat at. As soon as I took a bite out of the delicious souvlaki pita wrap, I realized how much I missed Greece and all my family there. There are days that I miss it, and today was one of them.
Afterwards, we walked to Chinatown for ice cream. We got our ice cream and chilled at this park and watched all people getting seriously hardcore into whatever gambling-like games they were playing. It was a nice little park. Wouldn't know how to get there again if you asked me though.
It was a short break, but a nice one. The weather was perfect, and it made this little trip enjoyable. I don't get to travel downtown very often, so this was a treat.

Here's a video by The Joy Formidable, to end the post. I honestly am so psyched to see them live. They are such a powerful band and I'm sure they'll put on a kickass show. Plus, the show is the day before my birthday, so it'll surely be a wonderful birthday treat!

Leave a Reply