Crafted // Button-Down Shirts

I can't help but look through my brother's or dad's old clothes once in a while (maybe more than once in a whilte). Whatever they don't wear anymore, I take. I mostly prefer their button down shirts and flannels. I take them in to fit me and I decorate them. My closet is filled with strange shirts!

My brother had this shirt in a pile of clothes to get rid of. As soon as I saw it, I snatched it when he wasn't looking. It has this nice flower pattern that I knew I could have fun working with. I took it in, took up the sleeves to make them 3/4 sleeves, took off the collar, and added lace on the back to spice it up. I love how it came out and I can't wait to wear it.

This shirt I had for a while now. A few years ago, I went to an estate sale with a friend, and I came across this shirt. It looked like a pajama top, but I bought it anyway even though it wasn't my intention to wear it as a pajama top. I tried to think of some way of fixing it up so it doesn't look too tacky or busy. I thought it'd be cool if I added orange short sleeves and an orange pocket. When I finished it up, I tried it on and it looked awful. It sat in my pile of "alter me" clothes for a while longer. I picked it up oneday and decided to have a second go at it. I took off all the orange and replaced it with black 3/4 sleeves and a black pocket. It looks so much better, and fits better now.

I'm happy those shirts are finally finished. I love having a wide variety of button downs.
In other news, I found out that Depeche Mode will be entering the recording studio soon. I am WAY too excited for words. I adore them. Here's one of my favorite Depeche Mode songs. I've been listening to them all day.

Leave a Reply