Flashback Friday // 003

As I was sitting here during this rainy Friday, I thought about what I could post for this Flashback Friday. Then it hit me, I never spoke about my screen-printing class I took last semester. I made so many goodies in that class. Honestly I probably made so many things that I would need to expand it into a few posts.
This is the majority of what I printed in class. Lots and lots of shirts, some pillowcases, and other pieces of fabric that I plan on making into pillows. I drew out two designs, and the other designs were spontaneous play with paper and marbleizing.

One item I use a lot is my pillowcase I printed. I drew out the fancy "X", or in this case it looks like a plus-sign, and marbleized the spontaneous background.

This shirt I made for a friend. It was one of the first shirts I printed. I cut out an oval and pieces of paper to make a tree shape. For the bushy-leaves area, I used groups of yarn. My friend loved it.

I loved the class, but I learned that screen-printing requires so much work. There's a LOT of machinery involved. My professor showed us how it is possible to do this at home, but even she had some machinery in her loft. I can't imagine me personally trying this in my spare time because of all that's involved, but I'm happy I did take the class. Maybe in the future I'll try it again.
I'll leave this post short. Unfortunately, my other photos I have of things I've screen-printed are in my broken computer. I have made good progress on getting it fixed. My friend is going to build me a new one which I'm pretty damn excited about. Don't really have an idea when it'll be finished or how much it'll cost (I don't even want to talk about that, it makes me want to cry), but all that matters is that he has my computer in his possession now, so it's one step closer to being fixed. We also discussed adding some fun things to spice it up, so I'm quite excited.

There's always room for a song at the moment. While writing this post up, I've had Pandora on with my Helium station playing. So here's a Helium song!

Leave a Reply