Leap Day Psych Night

I have been waiting patiently for today to come. Not for the leap year bit, but for Psych! It seriously is the best show on TV these days. At least for me it is.
I've been a fan since day one. I remember the day I tuned in for the series premier - I didn't love it, I just liked it. It actually took some time for me to appreciate it. I was a loyal Monk fan, so to see another show take over USA NETWORK didn't sit well with me. But when Monk finally ended, I turned to Psych and it became my number one show.
I've never missed an episode, I own all seasons on DVD, and I get way too excited when I watch repeats on TV. I CAN'T get enough of it.

Luckily living in New York, only an hour away from Manhattan, I get to participate in awesome things that spark my interest... like attending plays that both JAMES RODAY and DULE HILL are acting in!

Two years ago, James Roday did an off-Broadway play called Extinction. It was great; his acting was top notch. It was strange seeing the dramatic side of him, being that Pysch is a comedy, but I liked seeing him play other roles.
He went through this mustache phase that all the fan poked fun at. Here's the picture I took with him. I have this stupid grin on my face - I was way too excited.


Fist bump action + my twin standing in the back?

He was honestly one of the nicest and most laid back people I've ever met. Being that his character has a silly/hyper feel to him, I expected James to be somewhat the same. But I was shocked to see how chill he was. He was kind enough to stick around and talk to every single fan until everyone was happy.

Last year (it still hasn't hit me that just two months ago is now considered 'last year') in December, I attended Dule Hill's Broadway show called Stick Fly. Strange seeing Dule in a drama also, but it's easier to picture it than James since Dule has played mostly in dramas. I saw the play with my brother and friends.

He was super friendly too, but there were factors that made meeting him a little difficult. It was in the middle of Times Square, there was a barricade and people everywhere screaming his name - he was bombarded by everyone, so we only were able to speak to him for less than a minute. I shouldn't complain - it was a great opportunity seeing him working in person.

I'll end my little fangirl story there.
James and Dule definitely make a great pair on the show. I can't wait to tune in tonight. It's going to be a supersized episode! I hope some of you are interested and decide to watch it too!

Leave a Reply