Quick Cake & Caricatures

I apologize for being absent for almost a week. Finished my first week of classes. Seriously feels like winter break never happened and we just breezed straight into Spring semester as soon as the Fall semester ended. So much work to do already! Nuts.

When I woke up this morning, I had an urge to bake. But I had no intention of spending and hour baking sweet goodness. When browsing through old recipes in my mother's recipe book, I came across a print-out of a recipe for the "5 Minute Chocolate Cake". It was just what I needed!
It is the strangest thing ever, but I tried it anyway. Next time I make it, I plan on experimenting with different flavors and possibly add some frosting! Fun stuff can happen in a small period of time.

As for caricatures, I had to draw some out for my first project for my general illustration class. I've never drawn caricatures before, so this was new for me. I've been experimenting with Twin Peaks characters. It's actually kinda fun but difficult at the same time.
These are just quick sketches, but as soon as this assignment is done, I plan on gluing these into my handmade books and continuing my collages. They'll be a fun addition.

Anyway, so here's the recipe for the 5 Minute Chocolate Cake!

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips [optional]
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug [microwave safe]

01. Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix.
02. Add egg and mix thoroughly.
03. Pour in milk and oil and mix.
04. Add chocolate chips [if using] and vanilla extract and mix.
05. Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
*Cake will rise over top, so don't be alarmed.
**When finished, you can also tip over into plate if desired.
Enjoy!

Leave a Reply