Flashback Friday // 001

Don't know if I'll be making this a weekly post, but we'll see how I'm feeling.

Last year around this time is when I started experimenting with water color pencils. I've had these Caran D'ache colored pencils for a while that I've used only as colored pencils. When I bought the Caran D'ache crayons, I started experimenting using them as water color. Then realized I had colored pencils that can be used as water color. And it hit me. I started using them and really enjoyed it. I find it different than using regular watercolors. They don't work with me, but the pencils do. Kinda made me appreciate water colors more.

My first experimenting was a Danny Elfman picture! I remember I ordered one of their albums and it arrived in the mail the day I experimented. Drew and painted an image from the CD packet and listened at the same time to get me all psyched up. It worked. I love Danny and water color pencils.

Painted him, glued him on a piece of cardboard that I painted black with green glitter, and hung it up on my wall. It's pretty snazzy.

Leave a Reply