Crafted // Vests

Just finished sewing up one of my vests. I found this sitting in my basement about two weeks ago, so I tried it on and it fit pretty well. I took it and decorated it!
It was a plain old GAP vest that needed something fun done to it. The floral fabric was a shirt that my mom didn't like/wear. So I took it apart and sewed bits and pieces in the front and back.

Here's another GAP vest that I found with the other vest in the basement. I found this one a few months ago and decorated it. Once again, the fabric I used was a part of an item of clothing that my mother didn't want. It's fun fabric, and it definitely livens up the vest.

I love wearing these.

On a side note, I made cinnamon pie yesterday with a friend.
I've never made pie before, so I'm not too familiar with consistencies of pie, but I don't think it came out too bad. Tastes delicious! My family couldn't stop eating it.

We used the recipe from All Recipes.com.

Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk
1 (10 inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add the beaten egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix well and add the milk.
Pour mixture into an unbaked 10 inch pie crust (glass pie plate is best).
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Let cool and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.

I totally recommend you try this.

Leave a Reply