Flashback Friday // 021

We really didn't have much of a summer it feels like. Here in NY, between the high humidity and temperatures, summers can be brutal. Compared to past summers, this one has been super mild. Instead of shorts I've been wearing pants everyday. That says something for sure. Global warming.

Two summers ago I experimented with making shorts. I'm gonna be honest, when it comes to sewing, I just wing it. I never do anything technically correct. I'm pretty much completely self taught and nothing scares me because I love to experiment. So yea, that's my back story.

I just traced shorts that fit me well and completely winged it with this woven leaf fabric.
If I recall correctly I didn't get it right the first time around. So I tried it again. I added a side zipper for a perfect fit and back pockets too as shown in the photos. I love athletic shorts and loose fit shorts, so I think I was successful with making just what I wanted. They're totally silly and I would really consider making more shorts like these.

I just wish it was hot enough for me to wear these this summer.

Leave a Reply