Crafted // Two Tone Cotton Jersey

Earlier this month, I posted about the patterned fabric I designed and purchased from Spoonflower. I printed one yard each, basically as a sample to see how they'd come out. I obviously don't want them to sit around, and so therefore I tried to think of ways of utilizing them.

So when my coworker asked me to make him jerseys, he gave me a bag filled with fabric and tank tops & jerseys to imitate.
I've noticed my interest shifting towards more sportswear styled clothing causing me to make more sportsy clothes. Aside from working at a company that works with clients that design sportswear clothing, I've been pretty inspired by britpop lately (which explains my recent Damon Albarn obsession, yep!). 90s era was sporty, style-wise. At least British-wear seemed to be. It feels like everything around me lately has been pretty sporty. So I wanted to created something jersey-like.

I like the cut and style of this jersey. I decided on picking one of my fabrics and a solid color to mix it with. I've been all about aqua and red lately, so I went with that combination with one of my patterns.

I traced the larger section along with a tshirt that fits me well, but followed the basic shapes.

What I found most difficult was the collar. I didn't have a proper ribbed neckline, but I found the perfect ribbed red tshirt in which I used to make the collar.

Aside from the trouble maker collar, this shirt was actually pretty easy to construct after figuring how everything is cut and aligned.

I really like how this jersey came out. I have a lot more of this fabric so I figured this would be my sample. I don't know how this printed fabric washes, so I made this shirt for myself to figure out everything. If I feel it's a go, I may make more and add them to my Storenvy shop!
I feel so excited!

Leave a Reply