Crafted // Bottle Top Magnets

This is a little project I've been meaning to finish when I started it back around...sometime last year. My brother has saved mostly all of his bottle tops. He planned on using them for his own projects, but never seemed to do so. So I took a few with the intention of making fun little magnets.

I painted a few to play around. The only frustrating bit is that you need quite a number of coats of acrylic paint. After many coats, and a few months later, I sketched a few little designs on the tops.

I collected my paints and painted the little designs.

Some of the paint came on a little streaky and lumpy, and I was scared of chipping - so I thought the tops needed a good coating. I used my Krylon clear spray to take care of that.

A few days ago I took a trip to Michaels and bought magnets and E600 glue, which I heard is a good super glue. I needed good super glue.
Before gluing the magnets on, I didn't want the magnets to be level with the edges of the tops, so I glued down a small strip of cardboard to elevate the magnets.

I let the bottle tops sit around for a few hours to let the glue set before playing around with them.
They're so precious and bright. It was a success for sure, I plan on making so much more knowing how it works out in the end. I have so many ideas!
Start saving bottle tops and give it a go!

Leave a Reply