Recipe // Marshmallow Mermaid Pie

This was my first Thanksgiving away from home; it was quite different for sure.
I went a little crazy baking pies to distract myself from the fact that I wasn't with family. Well, I only baked two. I made my usual cinnamon pie, but I wanted to experiment with another. I watched Waitress recently and loved the marshmallow mermaid pie and actually found recipes for it. I created my version of it since I did a bad job at following the directions exactly.

I kept it as simple as possible.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of marshmallows (I recommend peppermint marshmallows if you can find!)
1 cup of milk (whole milk is best)
2 cups of cool whip
4 tablespoons of crushed chocolate (dark chocolate is the way to go)
1 9-inch graham cracker crust

Directions:
01. Melt two cups of marshmallows and the milk into a saucepan over low heat. Make sure to stir.
02. When it's melted, transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
03. In a bigger bowl, beat the cool whip. I beat it by hand with a baking spatula, but you can use a mixer.
04. Pour the crushed chocolate pieces into the cool whip and fold in the chocolate.
05. After you're satisfied with the amount of chocolate mixed in, pour in the marshmallow mix and fold in the mixture.
06. Finally, pour the mix into the graham cracker crust.
07. Take the leftover marshmallows and place them on top of the pie until you're satisfied.
08. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before eating.

Caution: don't slice a big piece as it is pretty damn sugary. But it's light, whipped, and delicious. So enjoy!

Leave a Reply