Flashback Friday // 025

I took advantage of this time being home for the holidays to condense and get rid of clothing and knick knacks. I own way too much stuff which is why it was so hard to move out. I didn't know what to bring and was too attached to everything I own. Moving away from home taught me to be minimal and clutter-free and I now feel comfortable getting rid of long time belongings.

If you told me to get rid of this bag a few months ago, I would have said hell no!

This bag was the first bag, and if I recall correctly, the first item I owned that I altered. When I was young, I mostly made clothes for my Barbies and Babysitters Club dolls. Never have I felt encouraged to alter my clothes. Took me some time after puberty to start my rebellion phase and customize my own things.

In seventh grade, I no longer wore this rose shirt and thought it would look cool combined with this stripe fabric. Instead of making something for myself, I felt bored with my school bag and decorated it with this shirt and stripes.

I used this bag every single day for I think two years which would explain the worn in look, and white fabric that is no longer white. It was my favorite bag.

I apparently didn't get any sort of satisfaction of doodling on my school papers that I colored in so much of my bag as you can see. It was made of denim material so I colored in strips of the woven material.

Deep down, it makes me sad to be getting rid of things that are so dear to me, but it's also a huge relief. As long as I documented it, I'm totally fine with throwing this bag into the donation bin. It's so worn in that I doubt anyone will want it. Maybe there's another girl out there who's entering her rebellion phase looking for a cool, worn-in bag to sport to school.
But hey, it's out of my hands now. Out of sight, out of mind!

Leave a Reply