Color Block // Surf The Mermaid Wave

Lately I've had a lot on my mind such as packing of course. There was so much I wanted to get done before the packing officially went into effect, but it turns out things didn't work my way so well. I've been working too much. So the next month or two maybe a little bit of a ghost town until I get comfortable in my new environment. I have to say though, I have quite a list of projects I can't wait to start and post about!

In the meantime, I've been all about color blocks lately. And I have been all about sea foam green.
The past year I found that I developed this infatuation with the ocean and sea life. I'm not a big beach person, and sometimes sea creatures freak me out, but theres something about sea life and metaphors of everything sea related that really connects with me. The vintage deep sea diver, vintage bathing suits, the colors of the sea including coral and the creatures - it's all just so fascinating. I love music that also resonates sea things. I find that Interpol and Gorillaz do such a great job at grabbing my attention with their sea metaphors and dark beachy sounds, as well as The Raveonettes with their cool shoegaze surf rock-ness.

With that being said, I was excited to put together this seafoam color block post, gathering a nice mix of fashion, music, and literature.
It started when I found these seafoam green shirts at work. For a while I questioned what to do with the shirts, and then inspiration hit me.

I found this water photo on Tumblr (Note: this photo isn't mine, I just have no idea who to credit!). It kinda sparked something in me, in which I browsed through my fabric scraps and pulled out a bunch of greenish colors. I arranged them to create a cool ombre effect.

The seafoam crave continued after I bought this Mermaid book and found an OPI nail polish matches my book exactly (OPI My Dogsled Is A Hybrid). These two aren't exactly of the seafoam green nature, but the colors are sorta close and it fit this sea theme very well.

Aside from those, the new Raveonettes limited edition vinyl is super cool. I posted about it once before here.
About these shirts though, I plan on doing more like this with different colors too. Its a simple gradient shirt that looks real cool.

Leave a Reply