Flashback Friday // 022

I was randomly browsing through my computer recently. Every so often I like to sweep and delete files not needed anymore, which sadly I filter through school files most even though I feel like that's a no no. I do delete a lot of projects, but truth is what am I supposed to do with old school files?
I came across this project I remember well. I don't plan on deleting this one. It cracks me up too much.

I took this comic book class my first semester as an illustration major. Gah, I was so bad at this class. I was so fresh into illustration and super rusty at drawing, this class was such a struggle. This project was towards the end of the semester so I got the hang of things. We had to make our own cereal box and concept.
I was going through a big Gorillaz phase around that time and was so into Jamie Hewlett's artwork. It inspired me to do a rock star piece. I was also going through a weird Adam Ant phase; I based this character after Adam and Gary Glitter.

I drew it, scanned it into my computer and the rest was done digitally. A LOT of Photoshopping. I'm shocked I was able to get away with all this photoshop work that was not my original work.

I had fun putting together the front. I saved a cereal box to paste the printout onto. The back was a little tough from what I remember. Mostly figuring out what to do. I did my research and browsed other cereal boxes. I liked the maze idea and just had fun with obstacles rock stars deal with. After coming up with the concept, it was an easy flow to construct it.

I've had this cereal box sitting around for four years; there's a few water stains on it. This project is completely useless to me now, but something to definitely look back on and laugh at.
I think it's safe to say I probably won't be bringing this to Portland with me.

Leave a Reply