Just Kidding!

My flight was canceled yesterday due to "freezing temperatures" which was named the "Polar Vortex". I spent my entire afternoon/night on the phone with the airline and company that I bought the tickets from to try and reschedule. The next flight out is Friday, which I almost booked before my call got disconnected after being on hold for over 2.5 hours.
I ended up canceling the flight completely and rebooked for Tuesday the 14th. My trip is pushed another week, which is frustrating, but everyone is trying to reassure me that maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Only time will tell with that one.

But for now, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my time. I picked up work shifts later in the week, so I took it easy today. I played with paper mache!

I've been experimenting with different forms of working surfaces for personal art projects. I've been using these paper mache circles as canvases.
Any chance you happen to remember how I once had my crafty store on Storenvy before Etsy? I never deleted the account, so I figured I'd use that store for art related things and keep the products different from my Etsy.

Back to the canvas talk, I officially finished a piece on a canvas I've had for a while. Finally got around to using them, and the spontaneity was fun. Keeps my imagination flowing. I plan on treating more this way. The one finished is up in my Storenvy shop. It's a reference to The Smiths song.

I have quite a number of empty canvases to use, and I'm excited to use them. And that's what's currently up. Aside from that, I did some Googling to find some more things to do in Portland when I actually end up going. One thing I want to do for sure is go to a show. I want to see some bands and check out the music scene. I found some shows coming up that seem worthy and came across this video about a small part of the Portland music scene. Love the vibe of the video, it's making me really excited for the bands I plan on checking out.

Electric Noise from Abteen Bagheri on Vimeo.

Leave a Reply