Recipe // Quick Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns

I won't take credit for this recipe. I found this on Sally's Baking Addiction while searching for cinnamon bun recipes without yeast. I'm not a big fan of using yeast in recipes, so I was happy to find this simple one.

Ingredients
1-8oz tube of crescent roll dough (I used Pillsbury)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup cake mix (I also used Pillsbury yellow cake mix)
1/4 cup sprinkles
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon cinnamon

Directions
01. Preheat the oven to what crescent rolls package instructs. Pillsbury was 375F. Grease the pan/cookie sheet.
02. Take the dough out of the package. Roll out the dough, make sure it's completely seamless.
03. Sprinkle the dough with the sprinkle and roll out the dough to really set in those sprinkles.
04. Afterwards, brush the melted butter onto the rolled dough. Sprinkle on the cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
05. Roll the dough into a log and cut into as many buns as possible. I was able to cut 8.
06. Bake for 12 minutes.
07. When finished, spread frosting onto them. I used store bought frosting.

Extra notes
When first taking out the dough, I worked with half the dough at a time.
I also didn't stick to exact measurements; I used more or less according to what looked right.

Anywho, I for real leave for Portland tomorrow. I'll be gone for a week, arriving back home on the 21st. I am so excited!

Leave a Reply