Crafted // Frank The Rabbit

I love coming across random items or objects that turn on a creative lightbulb.
There were so many times I passed this little bunny container in my basement, and this one day it hit me. I thought about painting it over and redoing it to remake it to something fun and different.

The box was originally a light blue in which I painted black with chalkboard paint. That was easy. The interesting part was finding a known bunny character as the subject. I thought it'd be interesting to do Frank from Donnie Darko.
I sketched him out and finished up the details with pen and ink. I shaded with gray marker and fully colored him in with colored pencil.

I finished him up and glue him on top of the old bunny.
After, I contemplated for a while what to do with the rest of it. I didn't want to make it cheesy or overdo it.
I looked up the known quote "28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds, that is when the world will end." I cut out the letters from magazines to make it look ransom-like and laid them down to see how they look.

I just went for it and glued on the letters. I felt the front was empty too so I cut out geometric shapes to fill the space.

To be honest, this has been sitting in my room for months and I finally got around to finishing it.
I posted Frank in my Storenvy shop.

While we're still on the Donnie Darko topic, here's my favorite song from the movie.

Leave a Reply