Recipe // Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

My friend's birthday was the other day and I wanted to bake her cookies. I asked her what her favorite cookies are and she responded with both oatmeal and peanut butter. I was curious as to if there are cookies of both oatmeal and peanut butter combined. I instantly Googled it, and yes! Found a recipe.
I changed a few things around to make it my own and it was a success.

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter (either creamy or crunchy, personal preference)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:
01. In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
02. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
03. Add the oats and baking soda and mix, mix, mix.
04. On a greased cookie sheet, drop in the mix by tablespoons about 2 inches apart. You can pat the droppings down to flatten the cookies a bit.
05. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.

Extra notes: I've found recipes that have used crunchy peanut butter. I personally used the creamy peanut butter which worked great.
I also found myself with no oats and no desire to go to the super market just to buy oats. I had a box of microwaveable oatmeal, used three packets for this recipe, and it tasted great. It can be an option if you have no oats at home.
These cookies will be soft when you take them out of the oven. Soft and chewy, always a winner.

Enjoy!

Leave a Reply