Parallel Lines

I love Debbie Harry. Her music, her style; everything about her is perfect. Who doesn't want to be like her? She's quite the inspiration.

About a year ago, I bought this somewhat of a coffee table book with all photos of Debbie Harry and Blondie; all photos were taken by Mick Rock throughout Blondie's career. All sides of Debbie are shown in this book: her glamorous side, her punk rock side, and her humble side.

After browsing the book, I couldn't help but want to be her. There was one shirt that caught me attention that I love. This striped shirt.

My crafty cravings stirred and I wanted to create something like it. I remembered I had this one long striped shirt. I took it up, shortened the sleeves, and found a subtle grey patterned fabric to sew across the shirt.

I created my version of the cool striped shirt Debbie has once sported.
I'd like to think I'm one step closer to being as cool as Debbie Harry, hah!

Leave a Reply