Crayon Box Construction

Remember when I posted about my Crayola Crayon Maker? I've made quite a bunch of crayons so far, I wanted to do something fun with them. I made mini crayon boxes!

I started by browsing around the 'net for templates to get a basic idea of how they're constructed. I measured out my crayons to get the right measurements for the boxes. I created a mock-up as a test, and they fit perfect!

I looked through my recycling bin and grabbed the first recycled box I saw. (Anything thin like cereal boxes are perfect for this.) I measured everything out and cut it.


To fold the box, I prefer poking holes down the lines using a pin.

Fold it up, and then glue the side folds together as well as the bottom folds.

And voila! A cute little crayon box using recycled goods!

Leave a Reply