Nosferatu

For one of my classes, we were assigned to create an illustration about Dracula or Jekyll and Hyde. I felt I was more familiar with Dracula, but I didn't want to make a typical 'blood-sucking-vampire' sort of picture. I looked for inspiration (I watched Nosferatu The Vampyre [1979]), explored all options, and decided on creating my own Nosferatu.

I had a certain image in my head of where I want to take this. The only rule was to create a black and white image. I worked with pen and ink and cut paper.

I usually work with mixed media; I'm also big on creating layers by cutting out my images and pasting them on cardboard. This project was no different, expect for the whole illustration being in layers. I wanted to create a sort of shadow box.

It was a tedious and painful (literally painful working with an X-acto knife) process. Fun, right?

This project kept me busy during Hurricane Sandy week. That and apocalyptic zombie movies. All so Halloween appropriate.

Leave a Reply