Forever Altering

I guess you can say I'm never fully satisfied with my end results, for anything. I'm a perfectionist, big time.
When it comes to clothes, I like my end results for a total of five minutes, and I'm ready to move on. I have the tendency to take finished shirts and take them apart to make something else. I can't tell you how many times I've done that since opening my store.
As annoying it is to think about how much time and materials I wasted the first time around, I appreciate how much my closet empties when I do this.
I think it's pretty apparent that I own too much.

I made this shirt a few years ago out of an old shirt my dad had. I made it a tank top with an attached faux button down. I've worn it a few times, but for the most part it was just sitting in my closet.

At some point during Hurricane Sandy week, I realized I had a plain purple t-shirt I bought from Michael's. I pulled out the button down shirt from my closet and took it apart. I worked in the tiger shirt attaching it to the purple shirt. I changed up the sleeves, and added the white collar from the original shirt. It's basically the same shirt but done differently. I like this one so much more.

I can't decide if I want to keep it for myself or put it up in the store.
Decisions, decisions.

Leave a Reply