Take A Look...

Instead of posting a page for Thursday's Take A Page Out Of My Book, I decided to turn today's post into Take A Look At My Links. I haven't touched my art journals for a few weeks now. I've been loaded with school work, and I've been preoccupied with some other sites I've been working on.
I didn't want to leave this week's Thursday empty, as I have been doing the past few weeks, so I thought I'd fill it with what I've been updating.

01. Focus-Bliss.net - a fan-site for the all-female metal band Kittie. I've been a fan of this band since 2002, and I started this site in 2004. I've been through every kind of obstacle any fan-site owner can experience. Started off on Geocities, had a .cjb.net name for a little while, moved to a host, learned ftp, moved to another host, welcomed a partner, got our own domain, got hacked twice, started over, and moved to Fan-Sites.org where the site currently resides. Along the way, I've built a pretty good following and slowly became the only Kittie fan-site around. The band has contributed quite a bit, and once in a while they'll post our link on their Twitter. This year the site will be turning 8 years old. I can't see myself giving up on this site any time soon. We've been through a lot.
We're planning on changing the layout in the summer. I'm excited for everything we have in the works for this site.

02. Fuck Yeah Kittie Rocks Tumblr. I started this around a year ago to help gain more followers for the fan-site, and to tell the world that Kittie still exists. The band has been through so many line-up changes and music changes that they've a lot of followers over the years. So many people still believe that Kittie disbanded after their first album - they just released their fifth album quite recently. I thought Tumblr would be a good place to "spread the word". We've gotten quite a number of Tumblr followers, and I still come across quotes such as "Kittie is still around?"

03. Soundbelles. I started this site in 2006. It's a directory of sorts for female musicians. A lot of bands I listen to are female fronted, and so I decided to start a site with band profiles and a news page. I like adding those forgotten bands from the 70s, 80s, and 90s - ones with a cult following. But I keep it open to all eras. I've had many titles for this site, but I finally created one that I like. In the past two weeks, I changed the layout, fixed up all pages to fit the current coding, and sought for affiliates. It's looking good.

04. Zinelust Tumblr. I actually started this blog yesterday. Aside from the fact that magazine scans are wonderful, I started this mainly because I felt guilty ripping up magazines for art projects when I have no way of saving the images I'm tearing out. I decided to scan my magazines (selected pages, not the whole magazine) and post them on Tumblr. That way everyone has the joy of seeing old photos, interviews, articles, etc., and I won't end up feeling bad about cutting pages apart. I originally had these pages up on a LiveJournal account (that I have no idea what to do with anymore), but decided that I'll get more hits on Tumblr if I transfer them over. I have gotten quite a number of hits so far!

05. My Personal Tumblr. I know, it's ridiculous that I have so many Tumblr pages. It's just so hard to choose one theme and stick with it. I also tend to set myself up with more than I can handle. But this Tumblr page is mine, all for whatever I feel like posting or reblogging. No rules for this one. It's wonderful.

By the way, the top photo is of me jumping in photo class last year! My friend posted it on her Tumblr page, and I stole it, hah. Back when I had my fire-engine-red hair. Good times.
Anyway, I hope you check out my sites. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Leave a Reply