Flashback Friday // 007

Whenever semesters come to an end, do you ever have flashbacks of certain events that stand out from that ending semester, or previous ones as well? I think this school year ending means too much for me, mostly because friends and old classmates are graduating. As I've probably mentioned a few times before, this is the year I should be graduating as well, but am being, what it feels like, held back because of my indecisiveness causing me to switch majors.
I guess I'm slowly accepting the fact that I have seemed to sign on for the "six year plan", but it still kind of sucks. Everyone always says "stay in school for as long as you can", but I'm dying to move on. I want to feel accomplished I guess. In this day and age, I know it's becoming more and more difficult to find jobs and start careers, and maybe I would be part of the batch that would struggle to start a career after graduating, but I wish I at least had that option. But being that grad school is a part of my plan after I finish up here, I guess "student" will be my occupation title for a bit longer than I'd like. Boo.

So now, being that this semester is finishing up, I'm experiencing those flashbacks. I opened up my laptop, browsed through files, and came across old photos from my first year in college. I dormed my first two years, and had a blast. Sometimes I wish I took advantage of the free time I had and went out more, since I can't do that now. But what's done is done, and the time I was there, I did have fun. Here are a few photos I came across.

This was "moving in" day. I put together my room, and sucked it all in.

Hanging out in another friend's dorm. We played Uno that night.

For the first month or two since moving in, I didn't post up anything on my wall. I had nothing to hang up. I went to an art store, bought construction paper, and decided to post up diamond shapes across my wall.

My roommate at the time loved the Jonas Brothers. When she heard they were playing at one of the morning shows, she wanted to go. I remember not doing anything that day, and I didn't want her going alone, so I joined (even though they're the last band I'd ever want to see live). It was most definitely an experience - froze to death, got trampled by all fan-girls, and went home numb and in pain.

Second semester, bought the latest Depeche Mode album the day it came out. I remember seeing them live later on that year at MSG. That was the soundtrack to my second semester.

Good times well spent, I would think so.

Leave a Reply