Adventure Time // Brooklyn, NY

So, remember how I've mentioned That Dog were set to play two shows in New York, which were their first NY shows since 1997? Well, I attended their show on Friday at the Music Hall Of Williamsburg, and they blew me away!
Walking into the venue, I had no idea what to expect with the crowd. I knew I'd be younger than most attending the show since I didn't know who the band was during their prime. But it's never too late to get into bands, even if they're disbanded. I surely got lucky being able to see them during their reunion.

I've been to the Music Hall once before, but never really explored the venue. My friend Jess and I arrived early, so we wandered around. We took a cheesy mirror picture in the bathroom.

There were two comedians opening for the band, which I thought was odd. Never attended a show before that had comedians as the openers. But it was a nice change from normal rock shows.
That Dog finally came on, and I've never seen such an excited crowd before. Honestly, the last bunch of shows I've been to, the crowd was more on the lame side - quiet & no enthusiasm shown at all. It makes me wonder what's been going on with audiences and why no one is excited anymore. You pay for a show - you in return should show some kind of enthusiasm. But it was nice to see that the crowd at this show actually enjoyed themselves.
The band played everything great, and were cracking jokes in between songs. They were funny and entertaining. Their set was all kinds of perfect, and I'm appreciative that I got to see them live. I hope they decide to record new material. I guess time will tell!

The day before the show, I downloaded a new camera app for Androids called Pudding Camera. I love the effects this camera has. I used it to take the cheesy mirror picture and this next picture. Wish I followed through using this app for the rest of the show because my photos came out blurry and not so wonderful with my regular camera (as shown in the last photo). Oh well.

Here's a great That Dog song to end the post.

Leave a Reply