InDesignin'

This is pretty much my official last week of classes, with the exception of next Monday. I'm so excited for what's to come during the summer. Made my official 'to do' list for summer break.

Tomorrow is my last day of my InDesign class. Out of all computer-based classes I've had to take, this one takes the cake. Not for the program, but for the way it was taught to us. I've used Photoshop since middle school, so I was very familiar with how to use the program. My Photoshop class I had to take last year on the other hand was not so great. The professor was laid back and fun, which made the class enjoyable, but most of my classmates who have never used the program before didn't learn much, and still don't know how to use certain functions. Last semester we took an Illustrator class. I learned just enough to be able to get by, but certain functions, once again, I wouldn't remember how to use. For this InDesign class, my professor really was helpful throughout the whole semester, and I actually would remember how to use it in the future. I'm thankful for finally having a professor who was willing to repeat things.

Here are some of my favorite works from the class.

We had to create a tabloid spread based on any kind of family. I chose to create one about the Wild Thornberrys. (childhood throwback!)

For this assignment, we were to take the letters of our name and create some kind of visually appealing arrangement. I have a really long Greek last name, so I had many letters to work with!

Here, we were to choose a quote from anyone, apply a little text box explaining the quote, and create an image or anything at all in the background. I chose a Cure lyric (of course), found another quote from Robert Smith talking about the meaning of the song, and created a little image of Mr. Smith himself. I think I'm most proud of this one out of all three.

OH, I changed my blog layout once again! I wanted something more simple. I got the template from Pugly Pixel, a super cool blog. I customized it, although there are a few things I'd like to change around still. That header image of me is from September. (that needs to change asap)

Leave a Reply