Sunday Summary // 015

Happy July!

This week was pretty eventful - the most active week I've had in a while.
01. My friends threw out a random idea for a summer project. They wanted to have a craft day and make mustache t-shirts. I went the extra step by making fun mustache stencils, which turned out to be a hit.
02. The beginning of the week, I attended a retirement party for my old high school art teacher. She's been there for over twenty years! My friend and I couldn't miss out on seeing her for the last time, so we went to the party. Saw a bunch of old teachers. It was really weird, but turned out to be a pleasant evening. They had butterfly cupcakes!
03. My older brother wanted to tie-dye a few of his shirts. He bought a kit, and we went a little crazy with the dye, but his shirts came out so cool. This was one of them. We both have never really tie-dyed anything before, so the shirts came out pretty awesome for us beginners.
04. On the topic of tie-dye, my younger brother wanted to make psychedelic pancakes, and so we had fun with food dye. The pancakes came out just as awesome as the t-shirts did. We're psychedelic-tye-dye pros apparently.

Besides all that, my younger brother and his friend found two wild baby mallard ducks wandering around the other day. So being that my family is that crazy bird family, the first place they thought to bring them was my house.
They're adorable and super friendly and cuddly. As much as we want to keep them, we all know it'd be in the ducks best interest if we kind a suitable wildlife center to give them to. We've researched everything we need to make them comfortable and healthy while we look for a place to rescue them.
It's apparently difficult to tell their gender while they're young like this, but in the meantime we've been calling them Jack and Jill.
Oh, they're so cute.

Leave a Reply