Recipe // Vegan Mac & Cheese

I love mac & cheese. Any variation of it makes me happy. While flipping through a magazine one day, I found this recipe. I'm not a vegan. Hell, I'm not even a vegetarian. But I appreciate the lifestyle and different takes on all kinds of food. I knew I had to give this recipe a go.

This recipe calls for strange mix of ingredients, but the end result tastes wonderful. I'd recommend you give this a try.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup plain soymilk
2 1/2 tbsp white rice flour
1 1/2 tbsp large flake nutritional yeast
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp granulated garlic
1 tbsp granulated onion
2 tbsp non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 8-oz package of pasta

Directions:
01. Whisk together soymilk, rice flour, yeast, soy sauce, garlic, and onion in a saucepan. Simmer 4 minutes, or until thickened, while whisking constantly.
02. Whisk in margarine and mustard, and simmer for 10 minutes more.
03. Cook pasta according to package directions.
04. Drain and toss past with the sauce.

And there you have it. Obviously feel free to substitute and ingredients you don't have. I changed few ingredients according to what I didn't have at that moment.
It's an easy recipe, doesn't take too long to cook, and the result is delicious.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post with a recipe of what you can make that involves your mac and cheese leftovers.

Leave a Reply