Love Is ... Sacred

Part two. Love is sacred!

Made a sacred heart. After googling images, I decided to keep it pretty simple.

I had an already made stuffed fuzzy heart that I've been trying to find something to do with. So I didn't need to make one.
I found brown string, wrapped it around three times and tied the ends together.
I used toothpicks for the barbed wire bit and painted it with burnt umber acrylic. I've concluded that PVA glue is the best glue ever. I glued the broken toothpicks with PVA.

For the flames, I used thin cardboard and drew out the flames. I painted with red and yellow acrylic. After it dried, I glued two long pins to the back with the majority of the pin off of the bottom of the flames. And after that dried, I stuck the pinned flames into the top of the heart and glued that in.

Sounds like quite a process, but it was actually easy and finished it up pretty fast.

I took so many photos of how I envisioned my final image to look like. My mom and my brother posed for me. I think this one is my favorite. Super simplistic. 'Tis perf.

Leave a Reply