Love Is ... Natural

Third and final part! This one's my favorite. Wanted to leave it for last.

Since Portland, I've been interested in making a little terrarium (such a Portland thing to do). I felt it related to this project and so I was excited to finally have a chance to make one! I didn't have the best materials though, so I made do and just tried to make it work.

Found a jar, "moss", rocks, hemp, twigs, soil, flowers, and leaves. Aside from that, I made a little stuff heart with red fabric and stuffing.

Took me some time arrange and rearrange until I got it to a point I was happy with. Took materials out, added new ones; it's not easy making a pretty terrarium with items you have just lying around the house.

Photographing it was a little on the challenging side too. I found an area of my house that I felt fit perfect, and experimented with the lighting. Finally got it down to a point where I was satisfied and took photo after photo. I'm most happiest with this final image.

I can't wait till I find some time and perfect materials to make an actual real terrarium. I've seen real pretty ones, and if I was still living in Portland, I would have no problem taking a trip to a terrarium bar to buy the perfect materials to make my own.

Leave a Reply