Crafted // Line Work

I didn't realize how long it's been since my last post. Life has been a little hectic between full time work and preparing for Kawaiiland. I was able to find some time to sneak in a little project for myself in which I'd like to share.

Back in April I shared these shoes in a wishlist post. I think the design of these YES shoes is fab: the contrast of the two colors and it's just so simple. I wanted to experiment with line work similar to that.

I went shopping the other day (for the first time in MONTHS) and found this oversized pink shirt. I've been into larger shirts lately; baggy shirts makes me feel most comfortable in the summer. Whether I would have decorated it or not, I would have bought this shirt anyway. But as soon as I saw it, I thought of adding the line design to it.

I contemplated if I wanted to use a brush or use the paint straight out of the tube. I ended up using the tube. The lines are a little dense but it doesn't bother me.

I began experimenting with the lines and eventually got a nice flow. I didn't want to take over the entire shirt so I made some areas more spaced out than other spots.

I just kept going until it felt right. I drew some triangles and 'x's like on the shoes.
This will surely fix my craving until I cave and buy these shoes. I'm really liking how it came out, I'm contemplating making more of different color ways, and may even make some for the Kawaiiland event. I'll see how much free time I have!

Leave a Reply