2013 In Review

This year had so many ups and downs. Began nicely and took a big dive until the beginning of the summer. I picked myself up, sorted out my priorities, and life has been wonderful since. Some highlights from 2013 were:
• This semester that had just finished was fantastic and hard as hell. I learned so much.
• I opened myself up to new things: food, music, art methods, etc. I said no a lot less, and in result had fun.
• In the world of friendships, my school friends and I have really became a tight knit group. We're all in the same boat and we all understand each other. We support each other, and I have so much to thank them for. They're keepers.
• I've been trying to begin some kind of career in illustration/the art world, and although it's been a tough one, I've been feeling more and more confident as each day passes and I've been making things happen. I set up a portfolio website, I made a physical portfolio book, I created my own business cards, I've contacted companies to get myself out there for potential freelance jobs. At this point I'm determined and I won't let anything stop me.
• Aside from my potential growing illustration career, at the end of the semester I began an internship at a screen printing company in NYC.

My determination is growing more and more everyday, and with 2013 ending I have so many plans for myself in 2014.
The beginning of 2014 is already booked to be fantastic because I will be visiting Portland for a week!

My goals for 2014:
• Continue with illustration and get as many freelance jobs as possible.
• Work as much as I can and save money.
• Graduate in May!
• Move to Portland in July.
• Create & sell more things for my Etsy store.
• This will be the tough one, but I'd like to get a book deal; I have so much brewing in my head that I'd love to get into a book. An art book, that is. I ain't no writer.
• Grow collections. I have so many art books that I invested in this year and I'd like to see that expand. I'd also like to begin vinyl collection. I got a record player for Christmas which I'm super excited about.
• Mainly, I just wanted to make life happen and be happy, in Portland. Life goal.

I want to make 2014 the year to make things happen. That's my main goal. To make things happen. Here's to a wonderful new year!

Leave a Reply