Homemade Business Cards

Every day that passes, the more I feel the need to build a professional name for myself. I wanted to make business cards for myself, so I went down the cheap route. I figured it's not so bad to make my own with the intention of getting professionally printed cards down the road.

I figured the first place to start was with card stock. I visited my local office supply store and bought some. Next, I measured and cut my cards 2 X 3.5 inches.
Afterwards I thought of a simple design and went with it.

I wanted to make my cards look like tags, so I made a little stencil for cut out corners and a cut out circle. I placed the stencil over my cards and colored them in with markers. I picked three colors to add some variety.

After coming up with my logo a little while back, I figured it'd be nice to carry that through to my cards. My friend gave me the idea of carving out little stamps in erasers, so I carved my logo into two separate erasers.

I found my black ink pad and stamped each card with both of my stamps.

When I was through with the front, I found my favorite alphabet stamps and stamped my information on the back. Took quite a while, but I got it done eventually.

Just when I thought I was all done, I decided to add some finishing touches of orange zigzags, which feels like it completes the cards.

I do like how they came out, but I would really like to buy a bulk of professionally printed cards. I have the design all ready to go, but I may have to put those on hold for now. Can't wait to get them printed though!

Leave a Reply