DIY // Denim Dress Up

As the semester is coming to an end, I'll finally get around to posting all things I've been meaning to post for a while. Here is one.

///

I bought this denim jacket in early fall. Everyone has had a denim jacket or two in their lives - it really is a style that never dies. When it does die, it always comes back; we can't escape the jean jacket.

There are so many ways to style a jacket to make it your own: studs, rhinestones, patches, graphics, and the list goes on and on.
I wanted to decorate the back of my new jacket. I didn't know what I wanted to do, so I just grabbed a bunch of fabric with all intentions of winging it.

All of a sudden, inspiration hit. I found the fabric I needed, and went along my merry way.

I started sewing minty green patches of fabric on the back to fill up the space as the background. There were two different minty greens, similar in hue, but I didn't care. I liked that random feeling.

I wanted to make somewhat of a 'Japanese rising sun', so I used red fabric with a floral print. I used thin strips of the same fabric for the rays.

To finish up and make it look somewhat complete, I sewed a lace strip on one side. It needed some kind of awkward but a working balance.

And there we go. A fun spiced up denim jacket. If yours is naked, dress it up! Make it fun; make it your own. Do it up.

Leave a Reply