The Birthday Llama

Aaaand, I'm back. I've been absent for a little over a month mainly because this semester has been so time consuming. Aside from school projects, I've had a lot of projects and such that I've been working on in my spare time, which I definitely will talk about in future postings. And in between all of that, I have become a proud owner of a Macbook Pro! I think I've mentioned in other posts that I've had such desktop issues this year. I finally gave it up, moved on, and invested in a Macbook that I plan on using as my one and only computer. So far, no complaints at all!

So with all that being said, I should be getting back on track with posting regularly, and maybe even finally getting back into my weekly posts that I have so badly neglected in 2013.

To the topic of this post, the past two months have been birthday central for friends and family, and I wanted to share a little gift I put together for a friend of mine.

Long story short, we're taking a book illustration class this semester. Aside from the fact that she adores llamas, the story she wrote is about a llama who loses his stripes. I thought it'd be cute to make a striped llama on her shirt in connection to her story.
His name is Jake.

I added a pink llama friend to match the stripes and mint colored shirt.

I sewed on buttons for eyes, and embroidered a nose and mouth, while swapping fabrics for their ears.

And there you go, a llama shirt.

Leave a Reply