Sweets In The Making

This week is already coming off as a let's eat all the sweet things in the world kind of week. My mom's birthday was yesterday - ate some delicious red velvet cake, and I worked on some things that involve sweetness. Very sweet kind of week. So I plan on making this a sweets post week.

I'll start off with a a group of photos from this time my brother and I went wild and crazy making tye-dye cupcakes and colorful snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches.

That night, we split responsibilities; I made the snickerdoodles and he made the cupcakes. A very wonderful kind of sibling collaboration. Both the cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches came out delicious.

We used a simple box mix for the cupcakes using all the food dye we had. I'll post up a recipe for the snickerdoodles tomorrow. There seems to be different variations of snickerdoodle recipes, but this one is my recipe I stick to.

I can't wait to find an excuse to make these all again!

In the meantime, watch the video for the newest Raveonettes song. I love their new album so much.

Leave a Reply